13 September 2013

// Sixth form and on form //

Leather trousers - H&M, £15
White tee - H&M kids section (I'm 5"2), £3.99
Bomber/coat - Camden Market, about £20
Hoodie - eBay, £5
Necklace - Topshop now in the sale for way less than I paid for it, about £4
Scarf - Rokit vintage, £5
Boots - Agyness Deyn for Doc Marten, bought in the sale, around £90

The new season marks it's official arrival as the first spots of a/w13 rain rampage down this week, and so my marks my first ever outfit post. Rather than bore you with my life story in one long post, I'm going to drip feed you with each blog entry. For now, all you need to know is that I've just joined junior sixth, thus allowing own clothes every day and an excuse to buy more - loving it!

So, today's outfit: the first item I picked out were my new black faux-leather trousers. I think leather anything should be classed as a wardrobe staple. Grunge, glam, dressed-up, dressed-down, vampy or vixen; and goes with everything. Also it adds texture, which is not to be underestimated.
Top half I kept it easy, plain white tee. Then I threw on my tartan scarf to add pattern and interest, but keeping the outfit monochrome. Tartan is unavoidable this A/W (not that you'd want to!), so something like a tartan scarf is a great investment for an easy nod to the trend you can wear with everything.
My necklace I love, because it adds a touch of glam to outfits and this outfit would really be pretty dreary without it. I love grunge, but there can be too much of a good thing. 
Finally, my bomber/coat, hoodie and boots. The bomber spoiled the original monochrome look I was going for, but it completed the grunge vibe. Also, my other go-to jacket is a leather one, double leather sometimes proving as tricky as double denim. The hoodie is just super practical as an extra layer and adds some black to the top half to balance the heavy black of the bottom. 
Doc Martens are my faithful ally whatever I wear, so that was an easy choice. These ones add some statement grunge 'tude (not to mention about 2.5" to my height, which I desperately need) and I feel super bad-ass-I-can-stomp-on-the-world when I wear them. Lets face it, the confidence you wear is what makes an outfit. 


Hoping to post a lot more in the future and I've already got another outfit post in the pipeline - stay tuned x

No comments:

Post a Comment